Backline Soccer Recap:
- The Unknown International: Nahomi Kawasumi – In her weekly series, Allison Carey shines the spotlight this week on Nahomi Kawasumi.
- Midway Report: Chicago Red Stars Half Season Review – Sandra Herrera breaks down the Chicago Red Stars season halfway through. She also has some post game comments from Head Coach Rory Dames and Sofia Huerta following the 2-1 win over the Orlando Pride.
- Giant Slayer: 5 Reasons the Washington Spirit Can Wreck Your Team – In her debut piece, Lindsay Schwarz gives five solid reasons why the Spirit are a much better team than the NWSL standings show right now.
- Celebrate Good Times – Berea Jurgensen takes a look at the seemingly muted celebrations of women in soccer and why it should not be such a rarity.
- 6 Takeaways from NWSL: Week 14 – Jordan Small, Luis Hernandez, and Elizabeth Wawrzyniak are back with their six takeaways for Week 14. This week, they discuss the more offensive play of Allie Long, weather delays, the craziness of Sky Blue and Seattle Reign plus much more.
- Reign-ing Goals in the Emerald City: NWSL Power Rankings, Week 14 Edition – Jenn Hayes breaks down her order for this weeks NWSL power rankings. We see a shift at the top as well as movement throughout the top four.
- Route Two Soccer – Sky Blue and Seattle play the craziest game of the year – Charles Olney breaks down all of the action in the 5-4 Seattle Reign win over Sky Blue FC.
- The View from the Sidelines: Chicago Red Stars vs Orlando Pride – This week Elizabeth Wawrzyniak traveled to Chicago to take some action shots of the Red Stars and Pride match.
- Clash of Titans: The USWNT vs AusWNT – Jacqui Porter breaks down the match between the USWNT and Matilda’s in her preview.
- Unsung Hero of the Week: Notable Naughton in Chi Town – Jacqui Porter highlights a certain Chicago Red Stars defender as this week’s unsung hero.
- This Isn’t About Soccer Anymore – Elizabeth Wawrzyniak talks about her experience at the Chicago Red Stars and Orlando Pride game in Chicago this week and how she dealt with some very rude fans.
- The Unused Sub: From The Peanut Gallery – Jacob Cristobal gives his thoughts live from the USWNT match against Australia Thursday night in Seattle.
The Scouting Report:
We went live on Monday night with our weekly TSR. A reminder that you can catch TSR live every Monday night at 8pm EST on our YouTube channel. Make sure to follow the podcast on Twitter @ScoutingPodcast.
In case you missed this week’s episode, catch up here:
My colleague, Jacqui Porter, will be writing a great recap of the USWNT and Matilda’s match on Thursday night, which you can read later today. Come back next week as I will be back to regularly scheduled programming with NWSL previews!